What should I do if other people aren’t wearing face coverings?

Faculty, staff and students should feel empowered to request that others comply with public health measures, state law and university policy, including the use of face coverings. If you are comfortable doing so, you may ask someone who isn’t wearing a face covering to do so or request that they leave the area where face coverings are required. Please do not ask the individual why they are not wearing a face covering.

If an individual becomes disruptive when asked to wear a face covering, it is appropriate to ask them to leave. If the situation escalates, notify your supervisor.  As always, if you become concerned for your safety, please call the OSU Department of Public Safety at 541-737-3010.

If you are not comfortable approaching the individual directly, notify your supervisor or a supervisor of the area. If you are asked how the person can pursue an exception to the policy, refer them to Equal Opportunity & Access at 541-737-3556.


Last Modified: 
September 8, 2020